Wednesday, October 26, 2005

THE POWER OF SPUNK: siobhan's back

Number 1 on our pop wish-list for Xmas 05 was to see the return of the excellent, ex-Sugababe Siobhan Donaghy. From the lady herself, and available on her official website's forum:

"Hello there. First of all I'd like to start by saying that after such a long time without any releases from myself or even having had a deal for what is now over a year and a half, to still see the familiar names, and also some new, popping up on this site showing support is absolutely incredible. Leaving London Records was a mutual decision made by both parties as we had simply come to the end of what was a very happy working relationship between myself and people i would still call friends. It's a natural progression for artists to move and grow and this is what i have always strived for. Which brings me to my point..... ....On Monday I will sign to Parlophone, part of the EMI group. It is a label I have always admired and am super excited about signing to. I've wanted to tell you all for a while, as happy news should be shared, but until I knew everything was 10000% going ahead I thought I'd hold back to save myself from any embarrassment. Plus, some slightly angry private messages has encouraged me to tell you all. Hopefully I'll make your waiting worthwhile with my new record. To say my blood, sweat and tears have gone into it would be an understatement. Thanks again. Siobhan. x"

Clearly, her decision to join Parlophone and release new material is entirely thanks to our previous post on her sudden dissapearance off the face of pop. To say that SPUNK is excited, neh, ecstatic at the prospect of a full ablum from the ginger one would be an understatement.

No comments: